Saturday, September 13, 2008

Night, Night

When my daughter gets tired she fights sleep terrible. We have tried everything from bedtime routines to not letting her nap as much during the day. But sometimes she just doesn't want to give in and go to sleep. So tonight I was rocking her and talking to her trying to get her to calm down and that wasn't working, so I started to sing to her. Her deep cries turned into whimpers and I thought that I was doing some good, until I ran out of lullabies and sung the same song over and over. I was getting on my own nerves and Princess P was still whimpering so I started to sing Christmas Songs! I have to admit I'm very, very excited about Christmas this year. I'm sure it has something to do with Princess P's very first Christmas and it is our first Christmas in our new house. But anyway I don't know what this random post is really about, the fact that I know very little lullabies or how excited I am about Christmas! And the singing didn't work after all, she finally went to sleep on her own an hour later.

No comments: